Wild Swan Books
Great Western Auto TrailersPart One Pre-Grouping Vehicles
Hardback - 200 pages - £23.95Contents
- Historical Overview
- Purpose-built Matchboarded Trailer
- Purpose-built 70ft Trailers
- Purpose-built 59ft 6in Trailers
- Early Conversions to Trailers
- Low Roof Conversions to Trailers
- Conversion of the Steam Rail Motors
- Conversion of Wood-panelled SRMs to Trailers
- 59ft 6in Trailers: Ex-SRMs
Because of their widespread use, this thorough and detailed account of the GWR's auto trailers should appeal to main-line and branch-line students alike. This volume provides an historical overview and considers many details including liveries. It also provides an individual account of each of the diagrams built by the GWR before 1923.
This definitive work, the result of great dedication, is beautifully illustrated and includes diagrams and some useful drawings.